Metro General Contractors is looking for a Commercial Construction Estimator. This successful candidate will be self-motivated; detail oriented; must be a team player and have the ability to multi-task, responsible for estimating, management, coordination, and supervising the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction. This position also coordinates planning, scheduling, bid solicitation, contract negotiations, and cost management.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Generate estimates from blueprint drawings, specifications, field notes, field drawings, and actual field inspections
• Obtain all necessary information, such as: field inspections, measurements, photographs, and sketches required to provide accurate customer pricing
• Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
•Submit proposals to customers
• Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
• Generate project budgets, submittals, equipment requirements, purchase orders, material lists, manpower requirements, lodging, and transportation
• Understand the contract to ensure the Company’s responsibilities and scope of the work
• Ensure processes are followed from pre-bid until final completion
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
Job Type: Full-time
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Civil Engineering
• Estimating: 3-5 years
• On screen takeoff : Planswift
• Proven track record of jobs awarded due to being the key figure during the bidding process.
• Sample work / Portfolio
Contact our office at 248-615-1111 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.